Thursday, October 16

A few of you want to know what I eat and what my diet is like, and if I have any tips...lol...are you sure?
So the latter part of today's post is for you.


Road Trip Eating Is So Bad--It's Gooood!


I had a good time in Chicago last week, but that Chicago food will get you. I managed to work out but spent my days eating BADLY.
Uno Pizza, Harold's Chicken, Garretts Popcorn...you name the fat filled indulgence and I probably partook.


I am a strong believer that if you are gonna do the crime--DO THE CRIME.
Eat the donut and love it, pick the crumbs off your tee, sloop the glaze off the wax wrapping and lick your lips like its the last donut in the world. Do it.



You won't see me eating something sinful and simultaneously lamenting over this diet destroying deed. I embrace the sugar. Why would I eat something I shouldn't and feel guilty at the same time? Relish in the high, don't stunt it.

Fragile Little Mind
I have had my share of sweet indulgences this past year. Any excuse to drink grease, I took. "I'm not competing" was my justification, every time someone commented about my food choice not complementing my line of work.

So fragile was this state that I went to Krispy Kreme one day and bought a dozen donuts. It was going to be a surprise for a family gathering. On the seven minute drive back home, I picked up the box and only three donuts were left.

To this day, I still don't know where those nine donuts went.

My Diet Focus
My naturopathic doctor had been helping me restore balance to my body, and heal properly from injury. My body she said was in a "toxic, acid" state. Ya no kidding.

So, this week marks my return to function, back to the ways of eating like an elite. I'm not saying I won't have sugar, but just in moderation.

All About Anti-Oxidants
1.My focus when it comes to meal and snack selection is food rich in anti-oxidants. Strawberries, blueberries, green, yellow and purple food.












Avoiding pro-Inflammatory foods
2. I am abstaining from foods in the night shade class, like potatoes and peppers for a few weeks. They have a naturally occurring toxin, glycoalkaloid that can promote inflammation in the body. There are different schools of thought on this, but I'm going to try and see if I notice a difference in how I feel after training.



O 3, 6, 9
3. I am loading up on Omegas 3,6 and 9. By sticking to wild, organic fish, like salmon and halibut and avoiding fatty red meats. (Fish that is farm bred tend to have lower amounts of Omega and undesired additives).

I sprinkle ground flax seeds on everything I eat, literally. (The body won't digest whole flax, so make sure you grind it up). As well I lightly drizzle my fish, veggies, salad with Extra virgin olive oil, which is a great source for essential fatty acids.

Introduce one new thing per week
OK so hope you can use some of that, I am implementing more changes, but we are going to introduce one or two changes a week. It is easier to adapt.

Close Call
It's been two days and last night I nearly suffered a relapse. I finished my salmon and salad and the taste for sweet hit me hard.



I paced around the kitchen till I found a small expensive box of chocolate all the way in the back of the fridge. It had been there since my birthday, the hotel I stayed at gave it to me as a gift, and I totally forgot it was there.

I opened it, there were twelve perfectly shaped chocolates looking at me. Dark, white, milk, my mouth watered as the one filled with hazelnut whispered: "Take me".






I didn't.

Instead I licked it. Then quickly put the lid back on and placed the box back in the fridge.

Phew.

Which reminds me I should probably tell people to avoid a certain square shaped chocolate...

That's all for now, I'll be sure to share more diet tips and my battle with sugar as things progress.

Cheerio! (sugar frosted, of course)
Perdita

No comments: