Sunday, November 14

1000 Invisible Mornings

Pardon my disappearing act, it is week 4 of training and I am beat! Getting into shape has got to be the most uncomfortable part of my job. Oh wait. I forgot something. Riiight.... how about peeing in a cup in front of a perfect stranger. TMI? Me too. Imagine being there.

Anyhoo normally I have a legion of trackstars going through the initiation with me (Ok at least one other). But as it stands this is now a one woman show. Strangely I don't mind this. 

It has forced me to dig deeper and really question why I go to work every day. Is it to be seen? To socialize? Compare abdominal definition? Heck no. I lose that one every season.

The point is I have a much clearer sense that this is about me and no one else, and that I really want this. Yes, it would be nice to have someone to fall out with in drama queen fashion after being baptized by lactic fire. Now, I can no longer find comfort in our intertwined agony.

The truth of the matter is, each person is responsible for making their own dream come true. And I aim to stay faithful to mine regardless of who is there to bare witness.

The walls where I train read: “Champions are made on a thousand invisible mornings”. That mantra has buoyed my courage everyday.

XO
Perdit
**Click to view my complete Mali Album!!**

4 comments:

Samantha Lui said...

Go for it Perdita!
I ran track in high school, and now I miss it a lot since I've been going to university.

Morgan Campbell said...

Yeah it's better yr training solo. I'm bout to destroy you in ab definition....

Perdita said...

Samantha because you miss it so much u are more than welcome to be my new training partner! Offer is on the table ;-)

Ok, Im speechless...honored...THE Morgan Campbell, Sport Writings elite has graced my lil ole blog with his a comment?!...wow. I have made it! But I digress... Now, you may be civillian ripped, the highest athletic distinction a non professional can earn... but I implore you don't take this battle on, please don't do this...

JP Carson said...

"a thousand invisible mornings..." Is easily one of my favorite quotes of all time. Its more than an inspirational message, its a philosophy of life. Any one who subscribes to it, will find success in whatever they train for. You live by this code, your on your way